Now that the festival is over . . it’s time for a report!!!
And it’s all AAA!!!!!
After due deliberation we have decided that our festival, the Northern Beaches Music Festival 2019, was a resounding success . . we may even break even!!!
Despite the unresolved issues regarding New South Wales licensing laws we managed to put on an amazing music festival. Over 50 acts, on five stages, in three days . . . or thereabouts.
I want to thank all the musicians & other performing artists for playing at the festival and making it such a special, special thing.
I also want to thank the fabulous Narrabeen RSL. God bless “their socks and staff“ for giving us a lifeline then and into the future . . . “Hello Claire and Tracey!"
A special thanks has to go out to everyone who commented on social media or supported us in anyway and especially the GoFundMe contributors and all of our ticket buying audience!! You made the difference!!!
What a great vibe we had, what a cool festival, everyone happy, beautiful!!
I also want to thank the festival funsters! Thats right! Those fools who stayed on the front line . . . all hours, all the time!!
Rhonda Mawer, Wayne Richmond, Jenny Slavec, Lyn MacPherson, Mark Stevens, John Henry and all other volunteers and riggers: John Trim, Phil Oswald, David Downes, Tim McDonald, John Keys.
I also wish to thank all of our Northern Beaches Music Alliance family for their involvement and support. Namely:
- The Shack
- Humph Hall
- The Fig Manly
- Fairlight Folk
- The Music Lounge
- Songs on Stage
- Acoustic Picnic
Of course none of this would be possible without sponsorship. We would like to thank
- Northern Beaches Council for their grant.
- Mona Vale Music - Gavin, Jason, kids and staff, for their sponsorship, equipment, expertise & joy!
- ffwoin Multi Media - for their sponsorship, equipment, design and management
- Andrew & Sue Hoyle and Michael for their sponsorship, PA, excellence and support!
- Steve Elliot, Rick Saur and Russell Neal for their production and MC work!
- Andrew Goodman-Jones, Sharon Cottle and all the crew from Radio Northern Beaches for their involvement and support!
- Also, Forestville, Killarney and Narrabeen Lakes Public Schools, staff, students and parents for their involvement and support.
- Plus, The Liquor Accord Northern Beaches, Doug Brooker, and Superintendant Dave Darcy for security funding support.)
- AVA Party Hire, Aus Tech, Trad & Now, We Print It, Modus Operandi, Officeworks, Bunnings & KMart.
So . . .
Yes . . .
We will be back next year!!!
Watch this space!
Gratitude and love . . .
Paul Robertson (Executive Producer)